2020's elections are unlike any we've ever seen. Reclaim Our Vote has launched the "Voting in Troubled Times" five part webinar series because of wide concern for community of color voters who face converging challenges from COVID-19 and expanding attacks on voting.
Rachel Bitecofer predicted the 2018 House elections; join us for her 2020 predictions.
- Andrea Miller, Founding Board Member
- Dr. Gabriela Lemus, Board Co-Chair, President Mi Familia Vota
- Rachel Bitecofer, Election Strategist
Reclaim Our Vote strategies empower voters of color in voter suppression states: Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi.
Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/PDAction/
Our "Voting in Troubled Times" webinar series launches with this two-day event that tackles what must be done to sustain momentum towards fair elections despite the uncertainties caused by the pandemic. We believe that now, when things are so difficult and uncertain, is when we must build unity towards one essential goal - a fair and free election.
Speakers will address:
- Exacerbation of existing biases within voting systems;
- The tanking U.S. economy and how elections are important for breaking excessive ties between work and healthcare that threaten to bankrupt huge numbers of American worker households
- Inadequate access to reliable information and relentless attacks on an open and independent press.